Happy Holidays, everyone! (Or happy Wednesday if you don't celebrate.) I've been heads down on projects lately and not participating around here as much as I'd like. That said, I have been lurking occasionally, and I have been enjoying what I am seeing. I hope all your map-making projects are going well.

One of my projects has been a new set of free brushes! Hence this thread.

Moronobu Mokuhanga is the second set in The Moronobu Duo and is based on the 17th-century work of Hishikawa Moronobu. This set is extracted from 東海道分間絵図 (A Charted Map of the Tōkaidō). Whereas Gansai was ink and watercolor washes, this set is firmly in Hishikawa's wheelhouse, a solid example of the ukiyo-e (浮世絵) woodblock work he made famous.

Mokuhanga is my most extensive set, with over 2000 brushes and everything you need to create a fantastic Edo-Period fantasy map. Since this is based on a woodblock print, solid lines, and bolder shapes are at play here. There's all the typical stuff, mountains, buildings, flora—but Hishikawa included much more.

Moronobu Mokuhanga is my second set to launch with a separate pack of individual PNGs organized by folders the same way I manage the ABR files. It should make using my brushes with tools like Wonderdraft much more manageable; no more extracting symbols from an enormous PNG!

You can read more about Moronobu Mokuhanga and download the set on my blog.

Some of the symbols (which really doesn't do it justice, there is SO MUCH MORE than what you see here):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moronobu-mokuhanga-sampler-1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	581.7 KB 
ID:	136731

Name:	moronobu-mokuhanga-sampler-2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	562.1 KB 
ID:	136732

Name:	moronobu-mokuhanga-sampler-3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	136733

Moronobu Gansai in use:

Name:	moronobumokuhanga_samplemap_color_small.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	136734

(Much larger version available at my blog.)