Thread: Celestial Planisphere of Noss

Default Celestial Planisphere of Noss

Continuing with my Noss Saga maps, here's the celestial planisphere I just finished.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map - Constellations copy.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	7.55 MB 
ID:	136584

Constellations play a key role in the Noss Saga, so much so that I actually made sure the constellations that are visible at certain points in the story are the right ones for that time of year and direction, so I made this map to make sure everything was consistent. I also set up a page that describes all sixty-six constellations.

It was a tricky process involving Maya (just to export a mapped sphere), Procreate (to plan constellations over the sphere), Illustrator (to create the grid and all texts), Procreate again (for the 18 animal illustrations), pen and paper (for the inky runes), and Photoshop (for the gritty work and putting it all together).

And I made a video that shows a bit of the process! You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d9Z3mI8q1w

Got lots more Noss maps to come. I just can't post the ones for the unpublished books yet, but there are 16 core maps, plus a handful of supplemental ones.

Did you write the books and also draw the maps? Did you illustrate your covers also? You're amazing!
    Do you sell through amazon? I'm very interested, just read the synopsis!
    Also, awesome constellation map, it's beautiful!

Really great map, congrats.

Excellent, imaginative work!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Valterink View Post
    Did you write the books and also draw the maps? Did you illustrate your covers also? You're amazing!
    Do you sell through amazon? I'm very interested, just read the synopsis!
    Also, awesome constellation map, it's beautiful!
    Thank you! Yes, I wrote and illustrated the books. The cover I commissioned from a friend, but I did all the other art. Although all six books are written, only Book 1 is currently published. I need time to make the final edits and also to finish all the illustrations before publishing the rest, but they should come out every six months or so. Book 1 is on Amazon and most other sites, you can find the link on my website (don't wanna post a store link here since I don't know if that's against rules).

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

An impressive work of research and accuracy for your constellation map !
    I also visited your site... what wonderful things! Your art is so nice !
    I've read that you've already written the 6 volumes. Have you found a publisher or are you self-publishing?
    Whatever the case, it's clear that you have a very rich creative life! Well done!

This is a magnificent star chart !

In high definition, the map really comes through and stands on it's own in world building.

Although, as a Fantasy genre enthusiast, I have to say I'd prefer the map to have different constellations. The sort of the "Wizard's Tower" or "Lone Rider". Regardless, that is only because the map is truly a work of art.

Looking great and very authentic!

Thanks so much, everyone! Sorry, been off the site for a while and never replied.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    An impressive work of research and accuracy for your constellation map !
    I also visited your site... what wonderful things! Your art is so nice !
    I've read that you've already written the 6 volumes. Have you found a publisher or are you self-publishing?
    Whatever the case, it's clear that you have a very rich creative life! Well done!
    Thank you! I'm self publishing this saga. Book 1 is out and selling pretty well right now. I'll release them every 6 to 10 months. I have about 16 maps done so far out of nearly 30 I'm planning, lots still missing for the later books.