Thread: Map for a Fantasy Novel

Post Map for a Fantasy Novel

Hi!

I'm a fantasy author looking to commission a map for my self-published novel. All the specifics are below, so let me know if this is something that looks interesting to you! As a note, I am new here, and do not yet have image posting or private messaging privileges.

Subject and Style:

Looking for a single-page greyscale map for a 5.25x8 paperback and 6x9 hardcover. [As much as I would love a color/parchment style map, printing costs skyrocket!] The map would include a partial continent, bits of ocean showing at the edges. 2/3 of the area is various kinds of desert (rocky, scrub, canyon, wadi) and includes rivers and jagged wadi/rocky terrain features which are important to the story. The vertical sketch I have on an 8x11 piece of printer paper is roughly 90 miles to the inch, so that would obviously change scaled for the novel size.

Ideally the map would have a more realistic/historical look, and whatever artwork was implemented would reflect a Middle Eastern influence (Jewish and Iraqi influences being the strongest)

Quality: Professional quality. I see 300 dpi being the most commonly recommended resolution, but I don't know a lot about the subject, so recommendations are welcome.

Time Constraints: I would be looking to have this ready by 9 February 2024

Rights: I would need to have the right to reproduce the map for commercial purposes (it will be in a novel).

I do have a sketch ready to send and would be happy to answer any questions!

Contact is jayme--.l--.ficken--at--gmail.com
    (remove all -- and replace at w/ @)

Email sent.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Guild Journeyer

I sent you an email but just in case here're my sites and email:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

endi (dot) oblak93 (at) gmail (dot) com

CHEERS!

Email sent!

Map

Hi, I'm interested in making this map for you. I already sent you an email. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto3.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	136998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto2.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	136999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PostingPhoto1.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	137000

It sounds like you have a great vision and I can't wait to get more details to bring it to life.

I'll attach some maps that I'm currently working on to show you my style.

Hope to hear from you soon.

918 Crafts & Maps