Thread: Senkar

Map Senkar

Oï fellow guildmates !

I'm rushing at the end of the year to reduce my backlog of unposted maps so, bear with me.

Here's Senkar, a world map drawn for a private RPG party. It was designed at A3 size. The world is based on the antagonism of the World Tree, a source of life spiraling its way through the rest of the world, and the Well of Souls located in a vampire country forever in the shades.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Labels post.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	136827

As you may guess, I had a lot of fun designing the border and compass even if the later was more original at first. It was a pretty nice map to work on.

Hope you like it

Cheers !

Thomas

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

What a card festival !!!! Impressive work from you throughout 2023! What's interesting, seeing all these maps side by side, is to see how assertive and well-honed your style is, and above all, how you manage to modulate that style to give different moods. With this festival, it seems there's nothing you can't do.

As far as Senkar in particular is concerned, I really like the diversity of the different regions and, at the same time, the fine overall balance. The title is particularly successful in my opinion. The geographical "curiosities" make you want to learn more about this world. The adventures must have been great!

I love that compass! It sounds like an interesting world and I like how you've depicted the vampire area.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great map with your striking blue seas !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    What a card festival !!!! Impressive work from you throughout 2023! What's interesting, seeing all these maps side by side, is to see how assertive and well-honed your style is, and above all, how you manage to modulate that style to give different moods. With this festival, it seems there's nothing you can't do.

As far as Senkar in particular is concerned, I really like the diversity of the different regions and, at the same time, the fine overall balance. The title is particularly successful in my opinion. The geographical "curiosities" make you want to learn more about this world. The adventures must have been great!
    Thanks Joël, truth is, I wanted to slip a few ones before the end of the year for the Atlases Thes last few maps have been drawn in 2022 and 2023. Thanks also for finding my style consistent, I aim for it while trying to have it adaptable enough and color range helps a lot to convey different atmospheres.

In a world map you gotta bring some meat to the game so that the game master and his players can take over the world and fill it with their ideas, hence the variety of biomes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I love that compass! It sounds like an interesting world and I like how you've depicted the vampire area.
    Thanks Ruby. Just for you, the first design that I liked best but the client decides : Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2024-01-06 à 19.27.20 copie.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	136854

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map with your striking blue seas !
    Merci Julien, I try, once in a while to go for something more vivid as I usually have more stern seas.

It's fun to come back to the Guild after a few years and see how people's styles have evolved and advanced in that time. Your work, Thomas, hos become much more refined in the interim. Kudos.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    It's fun to come back to the Guild after a few years and see how people's styles have evolved and advanced in that time. Your work, Thomas, hos become much more refined in the interim. Kudos.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Tad, I think a certain style has settled through commissionned work. Gotta find time to experiment again to have it evolve somewhere