Thread: Muspelheim

Map Muspelheim

Hey,

Here's another map drawn for a private RPG party. A world map showing varied biomes where the compass (have I ever said I love drawing compasses ?) was a nice one to work on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muspelheim final labels post.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	846.0 KB 
ID:	136830

Hope you like it

Cheers !

Thomas

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I really like the format of this one. It's very interesting to see how the elongated shape gives it a different, more "planispheric" feel than the others. The map seems to cover an entire planet. The compass, of course, is very well done and gives a nice atmosphere. Here, too, curiosities catch the eye, such as the purple desert, the trench in the forest to the east and the "bubble". It's full of stories to tell and a real eye-catcher! A job well done!

Agree with Jo that the unusual perspective is interesting and it works well on the parchment background. I love the shield. There are not enough axes being posted around here!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

The frozen feel is very well rendered. The compass is great but might be a tad big to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I really like the format of this one. It's very interesting to see how the elongated shape gives it a different, more "planispheric" feel than the others. The map seems to cover an entire planet. The compass, of course, is very well done and gives a nice atmosphere. Here, too, curiosities catch the eye, such as the purple desert, the trench in the forest to the east and the "bubble". It's full of stories to tell and a real eye-catcher! A job well done!
    Yeah, it's a false equirectangular map (never got the hang on the distortion near the poles), ideal if you want to make a rotating globe of it with maptoglobe. Merci Joël

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Agree with Jo that the unusual perspective is interesting and it works well on the parchment background. I love the shield. There are not enough axes being posted around here!!
    True, axes rock Thanks Ruby !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    The frozen feel is very well rendered. The compass is great but might be a tad big to my taste.
    Merci Julien. I cannot remember if I added a blur to my usual iceshelf depiction but that might bethe case here. You are right, the compass is big but I needed some space for rendering it so ...