Thread: Khalendar

Map Khalendar

Hey Guildies,

This one was drawn for author Alanna Mackenzie for her series the Jade chronicles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final Sepia post.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	469.7 KB 
ID:	136831

Alanna provided a sketch showinng what lies North of the Meridian Mountains and directions to draw what lies South.

Hope you like it and this is the last one I'm allowed to post for now so, I'll wish you a great new year's eve and lots of new maps for the upcoming year

Cheers !

Thomas
    Last edited by ThomasR; 12-31-2023 at 04:57 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The maps at the beginning of the books are always a real challenge. I can't find many that are good enough, with enough detail, but still readable, with landmasses that remain credible. This is one of those that makes you want to read the book and follow the adventures on the map. A job well done!

I really love how you did the desserts on this one. I may have to take as inspiration. Also a great compass rose (as always on your maps).

Unusual colour palette for you, but I like it a lot and it'll work great in a book. The labelling is very good and easy to read.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very efficient, I bet it looks great in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The maps at the beginning of the books are always a real challenge. I can't find many that are good enough, with enough detail, but still readable, with landmasses that remain credible. This is one of those that makes you want to read the book and follow the adventures on the map. A job well done!
    That's a great compliment, Merci Joël

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    I really love how you did the desserts on this one. I may have to take as inspiration. Also a great compass rose (as always on your maps).
    You should, that's a lazy efficient way to draw them (never got the hang for tappering the dunes). And I like a simple sturdy compass rose once in a while, thanls Turambar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Unusual colour palette for you, but I like it a lot and it'll work great in a book. The labelling is very good and easy to read.
    That unusual ? You might be right, I hadn't drawn a full sepia map in a long time and the fewer the font the better

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very efficient, I bet it looks great in the book.
    Merci Julien