Thread: Isoxandria

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I've no idea if you do commissions or not
    I do not. No interest in making other people's maps and deadlines and all the other stuff that comes with commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    So many details, so many rich elements, so many stories yet to be told...
    Thanks. Awesome. Mission accomplished.

are the streets safe?
    Like any major metropolis, yeah, for the most part. There are less reputable parts of the city, certainly, like Pennynelly in Upper Thraeben or Citikelny Isle, which is somewhat of a red-light district. But there's also a police force, the Blacknells. It's a lawful city.

not sure there was any need to specify the sub-categories of labels with these lines
    Yeah, I can see that. They're a result of me wanting to stuff as much detail into the world as possible, as I am wont to do. So when I started describing smaller sections of the same building and whatnot, that's the solution I decided on. I could remove the lines and just leave the smaller lettered labels, and it would probably still be readable.

Default Thank you for the addition to Weird Europe

Hello Adept Cartographer Daelin

I just wanted to thank you for this great addition to the Weird World setting I am still working on based on your Wierd Europe maps.
    I was just randomly scanning for good city maps in a search when I saw the name Isoxandria pop up. I knew it was yours before I clicked.

I will have to dream up a few new races to this world I see - but I love the challenge and the inspiration you provide as always. One very multicultural-multispecies melting-pot culture coming up.

Some of the names needs to be adjusted to avoid direct overlap with the old Weird World map. However, it also means I already know the Hoegbaal & Riften area will have a history of being inhabited by the original half-human land-reclamation engineers brought in when Isoxandria needed to expand. Thus named after their homelands.

I also found it very interesting that Isoxandria shelters an established Acadamy for Wierd Androits (the soulless shades). Being soul-ripped or even born soulless forces many to flee from Holy Jeomannian to survive, yet they named the Academy in memory of the Jeomannian capital city. Dare I say they carry the emotion of hope, despit it all, that the inquisition and persecution of non-natural magic users will one day end and allow them to return home? Interesting.

Thank you very much for continued inspiration.

Humbly

Nysted

Scribe 2nd Grade of Chronologies
    Sci. St. Lestabreña Library
    Gedivery Ankhy