Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private commission - Talai

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Default Private commission - Talai

Hi Everyone!
    In these weeks I received several commission and I just finished the first one!
    It's a private commission from an italan client and his fantasy setting named Talai.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	talai low ok.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	136973

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Great work! And what finesse and precision! It's very attractive to the eye!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Great work! And what finesse and precision! It's very attractive to the eye!
    THANKS!
    It's my first time that someone talks about finesse and precision on my art!

You made a good job integrating a more atlas/modern style without losing this high fantasy feeling, I liked it very much!
    I just got one confusion, those yellow lines conecting cities are the primary roads, but for me they have the same color as the elven nation and not the red marked in the legend... also the human border got a bit difuse, like just in some coastlines... why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    You made a good job integrating a more atlas/modern style without losing this high fantasy feeling, I liked it very much!
    I just got one confusion, those yellow lines conecting cities are the primary roads, but for me they have the same color as the elven nation and not the red marked in the legend... also the human border got a bit difuse, like just in some coastlines... why is that?
    Thanks for you feedback. I've opened the psd file and all the color/layers of roads are fine. I'm supposed that the different hue depends about a couple of color correction layers/opacity mixed effect.
    About the borders color I've tried to separeted the result with a dot black line close to the color border.

The blue border is on the sea just to show the border of the realm, otherwise the border should be an imaginary border.

Got it. Those are just minor details also, your map is great.

Loving those mountains, and the border illustrations are very well done. Great work and congrats on the commission!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    loving those mountains, and the border illustrations are very well done. Great work and congrats on the commission!
    thank you!

Very nice work! The shields and frame are adding a lot to the already excellent map.

Man, the way you do your mountains is beyond awesome and the stark difference with the border elements, who have an etched feel works wonders. Congrats on a beautiful map !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast