Thread: Mission of Gravity -- Rapidly Spinning World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Map

I've been tinkering with ExoPlaSim extensively since my last post, but can't seem to obtain the optimal range of temperatures for my world. I've accepted the reality that most of "Frodo" will be either hot desert or tundra/icecap so now the main focus is to create just the right insolation and year length to get a minimum of 25 and a maximum of around 55 (Celsius) at the equator. (Frodo has negligible obliquity but a significant eccentricity; thus, temperature ranges will be primarily determined by eccentricity.)

I've reworked the topography as well as the planet map in case anyone would like to critique them. However, please understand these are by NO MEANS complete; if you scrutinize the maps you will see patches of low resolution topography that I intend to either work on in the future or neglect (if the area isn't relevant to the story). You will also see basins on the highest mountain ranges in the far north; this is a rendering error that I intend to correct in my next post. I realize the topography doesn't exactly correspond to a desert climate; thus, I'm hoping someone could let me know how glaring this inaccuracy happens to be.

Here are the reworked maps:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Planet.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	137407

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent Close Up.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.59 MB 
ID:	137408

Anyways, I'm going to experiment with some other parameters until I arrive at my desired range of temperatures. As each simulation takes about 22 minutes, this may take a while!

Peter
    Last edited by Peter Toth; 04-14-2024 at 01:16 AM.