Thread: Best way to sell prints?

Default Best way to sell prints?

What is the best way to sell prints of your maps? online possibly? Throught Deviant art? Artstation or other websites?

i don't know about the quality of the print for any of those, but a lot of people use inprnt
    I have used it, but I am not comfortable at pushing my wares or marketing. At the time when I started using them, they had one of the better percentages.
    Many online platforms take a very big cut.

I've used Inprnt and Redbubble for prints though I've had very little success selling map prints on either platform. I've largely given up on them at this point, pretty much all my passive income comes from asset sales currently which have proved to be much more lucrative. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has had success selling map prints online as to what their strategy is.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

I agree. I haven't had any real success selling prints.
    I used to make 3d assets, and did ok for a time with that. Assets seem to have much more appeal/value to people, which is understandable.

What3d assets you referring to?
    Last edited by Naima; 02-29-2024 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    What3d assets you referring to?
    I used to have a shop with Vue assets. Eon had a dedicated platform store, though I can't recall the name anymore.
    They are no longer around, but I also sold some on renderosity and a few others places way back.
    I mostly focused on making buildings, but I did make some materials as well as furniture.
    That was a great learning experience, though you do often learn how bad companies can be.

edit - I trhink this was back in 2004-6? or somewhere around then.

This is something I’ve been wondering about myself. I wish it was something people liked buying more, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieJubz View Post
    This is something I’ve been wondering about myself. I wish it was something people liked buying more, haha.
    From what I've seen of the print market, the only maps that seem to do well are real-world maps (things like shaded relief maps and the like) and maps of well-known fantasy worlds (Middle Earth etc.). To do well I think you'd have to be doing one of those or go more the artistic route and do perspective landscapes and things like that.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

My partner sells prints through Etsy~