Thread: Agathea - Topographical Map

Map Agathea - Topographical Map

I just finished this continent map commission, a more topographic style version of the hand drawn Agathea map I did recently. My client asked that it be left blank so that he could add countries, cities, etc. himself in World Anvil. This map is of one continent of a larger world, which I had previously mapped in a similar topographic style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agathea-final map with title.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	5.45 MB 
ID:	137134

Port Development, British Columbia, Canada

Beautiful topography and choice of colours, Turambar! I also love the way you rendered the ocean, which actually looks like it's undulating.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Toth View Post
    Beautiful topography and choice of colours, Turambar! I also love the way you rendered the ocean, which actually looks like it's undulating.

Peter
    Thanks Peter! I used the shaded relief method that I posted in the Tutorials subforum recently. It originally comes from the US Parks Services and USGS, I believe, and I'm quite happy with how it came out on a fantasy map.

Your topographical skills are really good! Like, this looks like a real place, lets say with more vibrant colours, good job!

I like the dark sea colour here. It makes the land areas really pop. Very well done!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Ink_alpinist View Post
    Your topographical skills are really good! Like, this looks like a real place, lets say with more vibrant colours, good job!
    Thank you! That is what I was going for, a more fantasy style topographical map with vibrant colors rather than a true satellite map. Glad it came across.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I like the dark sea colour here. It makes the land areas really pop. Very well done!
    Thanks ChickPea Getting the sea right took way more time than is justified, so glad it looks good!