Thread: Map Commission (Ambria)

Default Map Commission (Ambria)

Hello! I'm an indie fantasy author that rewarded myself for finishing my latest manuscript with doing some world-building (the most addictive thing for someone like me). I was able to create a fair bit and then decided to try my hand at map making to keep myself orientated. The map is done, but I want to get it turned into something really special that I can hang on my wall and put at the front of any future books.

So that's why I'm here. I'm looking for an artist that would be interested in taking the map I made and information about it and make it into a proper fantasy map.

Subject Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-19 101241.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	137136

It's not much, but it's honest work. This is the continent of Ambria. A light fantasy world that is in the transition period between Early Modern and Modern (think late 1800s and pre-world war one). More information regarding the map (realms, names of areas, climate regions, terrain specifics) can be provided to interested parties. For scale purposes I'd say this continent is about the size of Europe (climate is the same as well) with that little bit at the bottom being like Asia Minor.

Budget $350

Style: I am open to different styles, but am looking for a hand-drawn type of aesthetic and includes detailed topographic elements such as mountain ranges, forests, and bodies of water. The land forms are rendered with a sense of depth and elevation, often seen in vintage or old-world maps. But again, post a link to your work and I'll take a gander.

Quality & Size: I'm new to the map making request world so I'm not sure what the proper size would be. But I'd like to be able to see some details in the map and be able to hang it up on a wall.

Copyright: I would like the copyright for the map, but fully willing to let the artist post the work to their portfolio.

Time Constraints: None in particular. I'll ask how much time you need and then set a deadline based on that.

Additional Details: There are bound to be areas in the map that can be made a little more interesting when drawing, so I want to extend that freedom to the artist. I'm open to an artist adding some details they think would look cool and fit the world if the opportunity to presents itself. And I am open to questions regarding anything about the lore or additional details that can help an artist in their creative process.

I'd be happy to consider working on a map for you to celebrate your writing with a print.

I do a lot of styles, but my most "hand-drawn" and favorite one is my painted style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gravos for Azureos-low res watermarked.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	786.6 KB 
ID:	137137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hymarmapartfinaltextsmall-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	585.2 KB 
ID:	137138

Name:	vallondar low res watermarked.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	137140

But I also do inked styles.

Name:	marshwood for joshua small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	137139

You can find many more examples of my work in several other styles on my fantasy map portfolio. Contact info is in the signature and of course on my website.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Guild Member

Hello, I am limon and I think you might like my style of map making.

Here is my portfolio:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

and you can contact me via:

alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com
    Last edited by limon; 02-26-2024 at 03:33 PM.

HI! I'm a fantasy cartographer and an architect and have already drawn maps for novels or role-playing games. try taking a look at my pages if you like my hand also contact me via email hynworks "@" gmail "dot" com

Guild Journeyer

Hello,

My name is Endi and I'm interested in your project. You can find my work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

Feel free to contact me via any of the pages or at:

endi (dot) oblak93 (at) gmail (dot) com

CHEERS!

Default Commission Filled

Thank you all for the interest, the commission has been filled!