Thread: Fantasy Map for 6 Cities

Map Fantasy Map for 6 Cities

I am currently working on a Pathfinder Campaign for me and my friends and would like maps of the main cities they'll be interacting with.

All of these cities are floating in the sky and have some (hopefully) fun and interesting geography.

Each section of the city will have its own vibe and a couple key features that I'd like to be visible on the map.

These maps will be printed out and shared with the other players around the table on standard 8.5x11 pages. I'd like each map to fully fill out these pages.

I am still working on some of the cities, but 3 are ready now and the 4th is not far behind. The rest are still in outline stages and I'll be writing them up over the next 2 months.

The campaign begins in 2 months, so I'd like to have at least the first couple of maps done by then and the others following soon after.

I am looking for about this level of detail for each city. Color is required.

I will have general outlines for each city made in MS Paint (which is the limit of my own cartographic talent) along with a description of the city, each of it's sections, and it's key features. I will also include a link to the full written details of the city if you really want to dive in.

My current budget for these maps is at ~$50 per city, ~$300 total. But I am willing to negotiate if you give me a decent idea of the hours required to make the map. I would prefer to use PayPal.

I would like to see a portfolio before discussing specifics.

My only purpose for using these maps will be my own personal use and sharing it amongst my players. Maybe showing it off to other friends or posting on social media saying, "OMG This map is so cool! Here's a link to the artist!" I don't want the copyright. You could use them for your own purposes.

I think you will find your budget is much lower than what map commissions usually go for, since they take many hours of work and city maps take a particularly long time. However, if you are willing to be flexible on the price I am sure you will find someone who would be interested in this project. I love making city maps more than anything else. If you like my style and are willing to be flexible on the price side, I may be interested. You ca see some of my previous city maps here. You can message me here or email me if interested (my email is alexmacdonald91[AT]gmail[DOT]com).

I generally do not do City maps but as A sugestion I would add a 0 to the proposed budget if you want a minimum decent work . otherwise there are some free generators...

https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

HI! I agree with my fellow cartographers. Hand-drawn city maps take many hours, especially if they have special elements to insert. However, there is also something to be said that the style you are looking for does not have a very high level of detail (in the example I only see the outlines of the house groups and therefore no details on the individual houses) so if you are a little flexible on the budget I would be happy to discuss it with you. I specialize in city maps, and in addition to being a cartographer I am an architect.
    I've drawn maps for pathfinder campaigns before. And I really love these types of maps so since I like the project I would be willing to find an adequate compromise based on the desired product.

Try taking a look at my works and if you like, contact me to talk more about it, (maybe we can find a right compromise!)
    Last edited by hyn_works; 02-26-2024 at 04:20 AM.

Guild Journeyer

Hello,

I'm interested in your project. You can find my work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

Feel free to contact me via any of the pages or at:

endi (dot) oblak93 (at) gmail (dot) com

CHEERS!

Guild Member

Hello, I am limon and I think you might like my style of map making. I focus on city maps

Here is my portfolio:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

and you can contact me via:

alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Hi!
    You can check my Mordheim map on my website and let me know if you are interested.
    Www.andreaalemanno.com
    My mail is alemanno .a @ gmail .com
    Best
    Andrea