• 500 years on Ovryn by Turambar

4 25.00%
  • Shadow of the Necromancer by wminish

11 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** January/February 2024 VOTING: Before & After ***

Post *** January/February 2024 VOTING: Before & After ***

January/February's Challenge was to make a map showing a land before and after an event.

View the Entries Here!

Voting will end on Tuesday 5th March after which we'll be jumping straight into another 2 month challenge for March and April.

Vote for as many entries as you want, and don't forget to rep those you felt deserved it.

On a side note, how have people found the two month challenge compared to the previous setups?

Two-month challenge:
    The extended dead-line does make it easier to participate and allows for delays that life throws at you. I probably could not have completed my map in one month unless I really crammed for it.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by The Elderly Cartographer View Post
    Two-month challenge:
    The extended dead-line does make it easier to participate and allows for delays that life throws at you. I probably could not have completed my map in one month unless I really crammed for it.
    I completely agree with this, the extended time widow was really nice. I didn't find myself working for longer than I usually would on the entry but having more choice as to when I worked on it allowed me to fit it in around busy periods (February in particular was very busy for me).
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Some super maps here! Well done to all the participants.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great maps everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post

On a side note, how have people found the two month challenge compared to the previous setups?
    I think it was fine for me. But would be much better if there were also simultaneous Lite Challenges happening regularly.

Also, if they are going to be two months long in the future, I hope there will not be gap months.

Voted, I usually limit myself to 1 but I was really undecided, so I voted 2 though I would have voted even 4.

I like 2 months for the big one and 1 month for the Lite. Technically I DID do a map (it was actually 3! Before, after, and after 1 more thing!) for this challenge, I just didn't post it because I couldn't figure out a way to present it as a single whole map in a nice way, and by then several people had very nice presentations of their completed work. I may post it at some point on the main forum, dunno. Although it doesn't look like the Lite challenge has happened in a while. I feel like many of the frequent participants already have gold.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    "On a side note, how have people found the two month challenge compared to the previous setups?"

I think it was fine for me. But would be much better if there were also simultaneous Lite Challenges happening regularly.

Also, if they are going to be two months long in the future, I hope there will not be gap months.
    Sorry I haven't been around much, I retired and closed my office in September and it has been a lot more work than I expected.
    That being said, I liked the 2 month window better as well. I should be able to start up the lite challenges again soon.
    My question to you guilders is "should I start March 15th and run until May 14th (with the regular challenge going on March 5th to May 5th or should I
    Start April 2nd ish and running until May 31st?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Sorry I haven't been around much, I retired and closed my office in September and it has been a lot more work than I expected.
    That being said, I liked the 2 month window better as well. I should be able to start up the lite challenges again soon.
    My question to you guilders is "should I start March 15th and run until May 14th (with the regular challenge going on March 5th to May 5th or should I
    Start April 2nd ish and running until May 31st?
    That makes sense. Glad all is well and congratulations on retirement!

As for me, I am all for sooner as I have the itch to map lately. However, maybe it makes sense to align with the Mapping Challenge so that there is always one or the other happening at any given time.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post

I was able to participate thanks to a two-month timeframe. While my map isn't complete yet, I've achieved a presentable outcome. It's far more rewarding than merely lurking without engaging.

I have a little suggestion(might be a little stupid).Could we extend the boundaries for the one-month challenges in that way participants might be able to accommodate their regular commissions and personal projects?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast