Thread: Nevona

Map Nevona

Here's another recent commission, of the continent Nevona. I'm really happy with how this one turned out. Some of the cities are intentionally left unlabeled as they will be named and labeled later on by the commissioner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output-onlinejpgtools.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	5.53 MB 
ID:	137171

Wow, I am seriously impressed by the amount of effort that you've put in to this map - a lot of time has been put in to applying the parchment effect, the wear/tear effect used on the edges of the frame and most certainly designing the canvas as if the map was to be folded - and I really appreciate the incredible level of detail that has been put into making the heightmap element. It definitely sounds like a treasure trove that someone is for sure going to enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by JPuk01 View Post
    Wow, I am seriously impressed by the amount of effort that you've put in to this map - a lot of time has been put in to applying the parchment effect, the wear/tear effect used on the edges of the frame and most certainly designing the canvas as if the map was to be folded - and I really appreciate the incredible level of detail that has been put into making the heightmap element. It definitely sounds like a treasure trove that someone is for sure going to enjoy!
    Thanks JPuk! This one was a lot of fun to make. It was the first time I have ever used realworld DEMs to piece together the heightmap, so I am sure there is room for improvement, but overall I am really happy with it. For the folded paper look, I was inspired by Kellerica's amazing Turjantaaran Lappi map.

Really nice map Turambar, I like it very much. Colors, style, technique. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    Really nice map Turambar, I like it very much. Colors, style, technique. Good job
    Thanks Simkin!