Thread: WIP Thalassios , a pirate map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Oh man, this one is gonna be epic. Hmm, my vote is for option 3, I think. I can give you a better opinion once you've got some samples up.
    My first thought also but then I thought about color. I'll see if I can pull it off with the land colored and will just erase the problematic ones if it doesn't work. I'll propose different versions when the time comes. Thanks for you insight D

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Starting WIPs after forever seems to be a trend, I'll have to start one too..
    Looking amazing so far! Can't wait to see more
    Hey, I learned so much this way when I started out, it's only natural to try and give some back. Would love to see how your style has evolved

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Hey cool map. Can you post a version where the many lines of the compass roses are a bit less prominent? Lower the opacity of that layer. (It would be interesting to see which one works better. As it is now, I really feel the lines' prominence make the map far too busy.)
    I agree with you, thanks Hope. Below I'm sharing a version with thiner rhumb lines (redid them all and will share a .PNG so that it doesn't go to waste) but I'm not sure it resolves the issue. At the moment, the land is empty and it makes for a stark contrast with the sea. When the land is drawn I'll see how it looks and have several options : lowering the opacity, having some lines be dashed lines, darkening the sea ...

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    That's kind of new experiment for you, isn't it ? I like the way you started with the compass and I like what you did with it afterward
    New experiment, not really but it is the first time I do it properly. We'll see if I can pull it off

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	137209

I've drawn a torn parchment border plus the holes and might add creases and folds later one, we'll see.

Next will come the mountains then the varied biomes (the map extends from the Equator up North to the 60th parallel down South).

Hope you like this small update.

EDIT : If an admin can change the title from Penca to Thalassios, that'd be fab' !
    Last edited by ThomasR; 03-14-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    EDIT : If an admin can change the title from Penca to Thalassios, that'd be fab' !
    Fixed it for ya.

I like that parchment! Pondering doing something similar on my WIP.