Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** March/April 2024 Challenge: Prehistoric Land ***

Post *** March/April 2024 Challenge: Prehistoric Land ***

This March & April's Challenge was suggested by Kisachik, to map a Prehistoric Land:

Quote Originally Posted by Kisachik the Wanderer View Post
    This challenge would be to create map set in a time predating civilization; wild and dangerous. The forests are teeming with animals. The ocean is full of mysterious creatures. And what a selection of features there is for such a time! Dinosaurs! Mammoths! Vast jungles! Dodo bird!

You can try to represent a specific time in the past realistically, or go a completely fantasy route, such as drawing humans coexisting with dinosaurs. Just as long as those humans live in harsh enough conditions, caves, stick huts, etc.

Definitely no limitation on the size, or age, you could draw an entire planet with just one ancient continent, or a harsh, fragmented world during an ice age, or even just a small, primitive settlement of some nomadic tribe of hunters.

The goal would be to make it look wild and yet unconquered by humans. The only age limitation is that life has to exist.
    Rules are simple as always:
    1. Any map for this challenge cannot have been started before now
    2. Label your map thread like this: March/April 2024 Challenge: (your title here)
    3. Preface any work-in-progress pictures you post with the WIP tag button - it's in the toolbar on the second row down, towards the right. Or you can just type out ### Latest WIP ### Doing this allows the picture scraper to see your work and let the voters see it at the end of the month

The Challenge will run until the 1st of May (UTC).

Good Luck!

So Sunderland then?
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Yesss, this is a really cool idea!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Welp, gotta enter this one...

Could it be a Sci Fi map of a preistoric world? or it would be classified as a modern tech map ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Could it be a Sci Fi map of a preistoric world? or it would be classified as a modern tech map ?
    I would say yeah, as long as the world/landscape is in an untamed and wild state

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    I would say yeah, as long as the world/landscape is in an untamed and wild state
    Because I read that it needed to have

"Just as long as those humans live in harsh enough conditions, caves, stick huts, etc."

...so not sure ...

I just did a, so called, "Prehistoric" map... Can I just re-upload my deluge map? Lol.

Just kidding.

Visit my business site: The Elderly Cartographer
    For commissions: Fiverr
    Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and DeviantArt

Think I'll get on this one, might be a great opportunity to try something new. I'm new to the forum and missed the last challenge, so I just want to ask before I embarrass myself, but where do we start our WIP threads? Is it on the Current Mapping Challenge page (https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=45)?
    Last edited by Daia Maps; 03-08-2024 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daia Maps View Post
    Think I'll get on this one, might be a great opportunity to try something new. I'm new to the forum and missed the last challenge, so I just want to ask before I embarrass myself, but where do we start our WIP threads? Is it on the Current Mapping Challenge page (https://www.cartographersguild.com/f...splay.php?f=45)?
    Yep! That is correct. Just follow the instructions for naming the thread and adding ### Latest WIP ### to your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast