Thread: New User posting

Default New User posting

Hi!

I was not sure how to directly contact support. Did some digging and couldn't find a way. Hopefully this is not in the wrong place.

Two days ago I responded to my thread WIP - Scintilla - First time map maker in Regional/World Mapping and it does not appear to have shown up yet. I know that due to spam you're the admins are reviewing all posts made by new users like me before making them live. Just want to make sure the post wasn't eaten.

Blog Entries

Apologies for that and thanks for being patient and letting us know. It was still in moderation so I have approved it to show now. Once your past the 5 posts you get the full member status and its much better. I think the 5 moderated post intro has been the single most effective way that we do keep spam down though as there is no middle ground - either people are spammers or they are mappers and 5 posts is enough to split them.

BTW: the Scintilla thread is very interesting and I think people will have a lot to contribute to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Apologies for that and thanks for being patient and letting us know. It was still in moderation so I have approved it to show now. Once your past the 5 posts you get the full member status and its much better. I think the 5 moderated post intro has been the single most effective way that we do keep spam down though as there is no middle ground - either people are spammers or they are mappers and 5 posts is enough to split them.

BTW: the Scintilla thread is very interesting and I think people will have a lot to contribute to it.
    Thanks so much. I don't mind it taking time, I am in no rush. Imagine modding is a lot of work for you all. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't somehow lost.