Thread: The Profane Lands - a map with swappable province colours for a wargame campaign

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected schattentanz's Avatar

Map The Profane Lands - a map with swappable province colours for a wargame campaign

First things first

Thank you.

Thank you, you "Big Guys" here on the Cartographers' Guild for your endless stream of explanations and tutorials and for your endless schooling of newcomers like me.

Without you, this map would probably not have been possible.

It's a pretty simple looking map, actually: Some provinces, some borders, some coastlines - nothing special.
    Then again, as mentioned before: without you folks here I would never even have guessed such a simple trick like "widen the mask with this command by X pixel, have that command trace the mask with a line"

The gimmick for this map is: Each province comes layered in of 3 colours. (Layers ... another concept I learned about here on the guild )
    Red for the red faction, green for the green faction and yellow for "this province is in turmoil" (read: the factions are fighting for control of this province).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	565.5 KB 
ID:	137346
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign_with_lables.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	755.5 KB 
ID:	137347

Yellow is not yet depicted here

(In case you are a wargamer and interested in more, short story: you may play any game and send your results to the moderator of the campaign who is a buddy of mine. Feel free to check out https://www.instagram.com/cdaskirmish/ for details)

Thank you for your time and attention,
    Kai
    CatZeyeS Headquarters - home of free miniature skirmsh game rules and supplements

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm happy you were able to get the help you needed here (wow, that sounds like we're in a much different kind of forum )

As someone who has struggled with map design for boardgames, I respect the hard work it takes to get it looking like you want.