Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continent and Higher Detail Regional Map

Post Continent and Higher Detail Regional Map

Howdy!

I apologize in advance if I commit any faux pas. I've gone over the rules and guidelines, and also read the stickied template, but I am still new to this forum.

Overview
    I'm looking to work with someone who is able to create two maps with me.
    The first is a large continental map, with some large islands based off of an outline.
    The second is a higher fidelity regional map of an area on the main continent.

Budget: $150-250 per map. This is negotiable and would be settled before work even starts.
    Payment plan is negotiable, but am open to paying 50% up-front, and 50% on final deliverable.

Subject | Continental Map
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a34a6a365c94cc64aedcd5548d95bc07.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	849.5 KB 
ID:	137385
    The continental map would follow the rough outline already created, with wiggle room for creative adjustments per the artist's preference and judgement.
    There would be some notable guidelines outside of the shape of the landmasses, such as biome guidelines and some mountains being absolute in their position. (A result of a game already ongoing in this world, and the hope to not break any continuity with established landmarks).

Style | Continental Map
    The map would be in full color.
    I have no particular style in mind, and will likely be looking through portfolios to see if a style strikes out to me.

---

Subject | Regional Map
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eb8ee50ca866f66bb0c34d7228d837d8.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	137386
    The regional map would be of a large swath of terrain on the main continent.
    Again, the region would follow the rough outline already created with some wiggle room for creative interpretation.
    Also again, there would be some especially notable guidelines with regards to biomes and mountain formations.

Ideally there would be bodies of water filled in, rivers, hills, etc. Landmarks that would be naturally formed, (and some magically formed).
    But no settlements. I'd like to actually be able to have some freedom to place the settlements or any other man-made abodes at will. In other words, I'd like the region as it would be untouched. At most, maybe some obvious paths/roads that would be conducive to the terrain.

Style | Regional Map
    The map would be in full color.
    No particular style is in mind, but I am leaning towards a more semi-photorealistic style with a hand drawn feel

---

Quality & Size | Overall/Both
    The maps will likely only be used for web purposes. Specifically on Virtual Table Top (VTT) software.
    Rasterized is likely more than sufficient.
    Resolution should be at least 8k (7680 × 4320).

Time Constraints | Overall/Both
    Ideally both deliverables are ready before July 5th, 2024

There's wiggle room, but admittedly the lack of a map is what's been holding back the resumption of this game.

Copyright | Overall/Both
    I do not intend to ever use these maps for any commercial use.

However, I would to have the right to be able to edit these maps for personal use.
    If the artist wishes to showcase this on their portfolio, I would be absolutely fine with this as well.

---

Contact Details
    I have a preferred contact method of Discord, but will also be willing to discuss details over Email.
    I know you cannot IM me due to lack of posts, so I'll likely end up reaching out to the artists who post replies to this.

I have a preferred payment method of PayPal, but any high-profile service will do.

---

Looking forward to hopefully talking to some of you soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4345b60c28a2b325098040e96f2b4dc7.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	137384  

It sounds like you're interested in browsing portfolios, so feel free to view my fantasy map portfolio and see if anything stands out to you, some of my work is in your price range and other pieces are higher priced. My Discord is linked in my signature and off my website as well, and if you would like to move forward with me, send me a message there! There are also other awesome artists on the guild so you should get several inquiries shortly.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    It sounds like you're interested in browsing portfolios, so feel free to view my fantasy map portfolio and see if anything stands out to you, some of my work is in your price range and other pieces are higher priced. My Discord is linked in my signature and off my website as well, and if you would like to move forward with me, send me a message there! There are also other awesome artists on the guild so you should get several inquiries shortly.
    Hi Tiana!

I've taken a look at your portfolio - nice work btw!
    Some of your 2021-2022 work particularly struck out to me as far as style goes. (E.g. the Earandil land map)
    I'm going to give it a little more time to allow some other artists and guild members to post.

However, your ballpark price menu has made me realize I should up my budget a little bit. The one thing I do not want to do is undervalue an artist's time and work.
    I've edited my budget and some other details as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_CHA View Post
    Budget: $150-250 per map. This is negotiable and would be settled before work even starts.
    Payment plan is negotiable, but am open to paying 50% up-front, and 50% on final deliverable.
    My previous post, (which is in review as of writing), mentioned an edit to the budget. However, I realize I'm still in a probationary period and cannot edit my own posts.

As such, I'll clarify the adjusted budget here.
    Budget: $300-$500 per map. Still negotiable!

I suppose I had previously low-balled my budget due to being unfamiliar with the price ranges, so I trended on the conservative side. Sorry about that!

Hello ,here is my portfolio, in case you can contact me directly there on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_CHA View Post
    Hi Tiana!

I've taken a look at your portfolio - nice work btw!
    Some of your 2021-2022 work particularly struck out to me as far as style goes. (E.g. the Earandil land map)
    I'm going to give it a little more time to allow some other artists and guild members to post.

However, your ballpark price menu has made me realize I should up my budget a little bit. The one thing I do not want to do is undervalue an artist's time and work.
    I've edited my budget and some other details as a result.
    $150-$250 is a fine entry point! I sell a lot of maps at that price point, basically you're buying time spent making the map, so if you put in $300-$500 you get more time than you do with a $150 map. At any rate, thank you for valuing an artist's time and skill. I'm glad you like the Earandil land map. Of course I do maps in all of my styles from past to present, I develop new styles as people request them. So I can do one in that style, or develop a unique look for your map too. But certainly you may hold out for other submissions, as there are many skilled artists here who would be happy to propose their portfolio. Discord me any time if you want to move forward and we can talk about specifics.

I think you need 2 more posts to be able to edit your posts, you could always comment on some finished maps.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Throwing my hat in the ring too! My name is Kellerica, Kell for short, and I'm a long-time cartographer with several years of experience. Over the years I've worked with various different clients, including authors, GM's, museums and publishing companies.
    You can find my work online on my website, or on Instagram, Facebook or Artstation. I've got a showcase thread on the Guild forums as well. Take a look and let me know if you feel like my style would work for your project.

In addition to my socials and the Guild forums, my website also contains a handy contact form you can use to shoot me a message.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Journeyer

Hello, here's my portfolio and contact

www.strigunart.com

Hi folks!
    Thanks to all of you for reaching out!

This commission has been taken, (though I cannot edit my own post to mark it as such).

Guild Member

Hello, I am limon and I think you might like my style of map making.

Here is my portfolio:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

and you can contact me via:

alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast