Thread: School of the Silver Flame

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map School of the Silver Flame

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	School, upload.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	452.3 KB 
ID:	137398

Huh, haven't posted anything on the Guild in a while, it seems. Well, here's something new.

The School of the Silver Flame for E.M. Leander's Game of the Gods series was first set up in Tinkercad before I drew the lineart manually in Photoshop. I feel if you've got problems with maintaining a specific perspective and don't feel like plunging into something more advanced like Blender, staging images in Tinkercad may just be the way to go.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

See, this is why I love the Guild - so many new methods, ideas, things I never would have thought of, and tips on cool software. Now I gotta try out Tinkercad.

Oh, and amazing work on this! I love the intricacy of the gates and walls, and the stepped dorms built into the wall is a really cool idea.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    See, this is why I love the Guild - so many new methods, ideas, things I never would have thought of, and tips on cool software. Now I gotta try out Tinkercad.

Oh, and amazing work on this! I love the intricacy of the gates and walls, and the stepped dorms built into the wall is a really cool idea.
    Thanks a ton, Diamond. Below is a screenshot of the models I used to pose for the final piece. Tinkercad is pretty easy to use, and since it's web-based you can use it wherever and whenever you want.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Version 2.2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	137401

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow! Really good! Personally, I sometimes use Sketchup to get a good grasp of perspective... although I tend to get bogged down in the details and waste a lot of time on the 3D before drawing on top of it. In any case, as far as your map is concerned, you've really succeeded in making the transition from 3D to drawing! Well done!
    Thanks too for introducing me to tinkercad, which I'd never heard of before!