Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

No, you have to have a stylus. The stylus has circuitry inside that breaks the electrical field of the tablet. Assuming it is a Wacom of course.

You can get replacement styluses from Wacom, but you would have to contact them.

Yes, you click with the mouse when you press the stylus down. There are a lot of old school artists that successfully transitioned to digital media so maybe you could do some searching through artist blogs and find someone that walks through the process they used to retrain themselves.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusTay View Post
    I wasn't getting that 'hover' thing you guys are talking about - I never saw anything resembling a cursor on my screen; I went from no-touch to drawing instantly, without any visual reference.
    That sound like some sort of touch-pad rather than a modern standard tabled...

-Rob A>

Its a UC-Logic, and it's got to be at least five years old now, maybe six.

I hate admitting defeat, so you guys have me looking for the Stylus again....

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Am I the only one who actually prefers my touchpad over a mouse... maybe's it's just because I haven't used a mouse for digital mapping.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Yup. You are the only one.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Just to throw my few cents in here.

I got the smallest Wacom (Bamboo) and never had a problem that it is too small. In fact I dont think I wanna have a bigger one...

Though I use the tablet only for drawing, nothing else. Not because I wouldt like my tablet - I really love it - but I am used to my mouse for browsing etc.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Now if I had a tablet I would love it but because I've gotten so use to the touchpad and it responds alot faster (for me at least) than a mouse I prefer it until I get a tablet.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Just remember a tablet uses a stylus and not a finger so it may not "feel" the same at first.

I'm looking at used Wacom's on Ebay. What kind of trouble could I expect buying used?

Hm... Good question. Honestly the only trouble I can see is that it doesn't work. There aren't really any moving parts or anything. Oh, here's one - you may have to buy replacement nibs for the stylus if the previous owner either lost them or ground them to nothing. Ugh... just realized that would be really bad. If the current nub in the stylus has been worn away to nothing you'll have a tough time removing it. I would suggest having the auctioner put up a picture of the stylus tip so show that it is in decent shape.

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast