Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

I'm thinking for $25, a 4x6 Intuos3 would be a good buy, nibs or not. Here is the ebay description.

Tablet has only been uses a few times and is in perfect working order. it does have a few hairline scratches due to use. Sorry but I no longer have the box and you can get all the information and the download software for it at Wacom. Feel free to email me with any questions and good luck with the bid!! What is included: -Tablet -Pen -Pen holder

If it has only been used a few times than there is little to worry about regarding nib wear, and as that is an extremely good deal, yes, you should jump on it. A pack of nibs don't cost that much at all.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I doubt I'll win this bid. I'm getting hammered, lol.

I won a bid on a new condition Graphire 4x5 for $25. I know it's not an Intuos, but hey! I have a tablet coming!

Post Act Fast!

If anyone is still considering a tablet there is currently one being offered by Tanga for $49 US (includes shipping). It's not a Wacom (its a 8"x6" DigiPro), but if you don't care this looks like a decent deal.

http://tanga.com/products/3287-DigiP..._Cordless_Pen_

Be aware that Tanga offers do not hang around long, so jump over there if you are interested.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Finally found my stylus - that was weird in itself (it just 'appeared' on my desk right in front of my monitor about a week ago), so I plugged in the old tablet... and nada.

My computer didn't even recognize an input device had been plugged in. I'm hopping it's just a bad USB port, but the light came on on the tablet so I doubt it.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and learn how to use the damn thing, and NOW it's not working. <le' sigh>

For those interested I suggest you snag this deal while it exists:

http://www.adorama.com/WAI368USBR.ht...acom&item_no=4

Wacom Intuos 3 6x8" Refurbished Tablet for $209.95. That's $100 off for a tablet that is manufacturer refurbished, meaning it has a warranty from the purchase date of 1 year (as opposed to the 2 year that a brand new tablet has).

This is the best deal I've seen, even some Intuos2 are bidding up in the $1##s on ebay right now.

Not to mention free shipping, got mine this week - great, factory sealed. Amazing product and steal.

Considering taking the plunge. 4x6 doesn't do it for me (I remember writing itty bitty print to get formulae on an index card for exams ). So it's going to either be the Bamboo medium in black or the Intuos 8x6. $150 refurbished or $300 or so depending on whom I purchase from. The only differences I see are: 1024 pressure levels, extra buttons on pen and tablet, and that tilt thingy.

Questions:
    I'd be interested in getting better sketching skills so what would this do or not do for me? Is a 6x8 large enough to start practicing better strokes? (generally I like the idea of messing up a line and re-trying it without using up a kneaded eraser.) So what's this "wacom brushes" thing I see as part of the software package?

Just went ahead an bullied my employer into buying me one for work.

So Now I'm the proud user of a Wacom intuos3 (A5 size). So far it's working out alright. I do have a problem. The GIMP will not let me change the setting for the pen. If I go into the main setting applet for the table and tell it to change the pen settings for GIMP it will tell me it's changed it, but when I go into GIMP it won't listen to what I told it and jut behave like it's on default setting. But the funny thing is that it's only the pen that does this, not the quick buttons on the tablet.

Any idea why?
    ---
    Gorkamorka

Quote Originally Posted by Bedwyr View Post
    Considering taking the plunge. 4x6 doesn't do it for me (I remember writing itty bitty print to get formulae on an index card for exams ). So it's going to either be the Bamboo medium in black or the Intuos 8x6. $150 refurbished or $300 or so depending on whom I purchase from. The only differences I see are: 1024 pressure levels, extra buttons on pen and tablet, and that tilt thingy.

Questions:
    I'd be interested in getting better sketching skills so what would this do or not do for me? Is a 6x8 large enough to start practicing better strokes? (generally I like the idea of messing up a line and re-trying it without using up a kneaded eraser.) So what's this "wacom brushes" thing I see as part of the software package?
    The Wacom brushes are PS brushes created to duplicate various artistic brushes better than the default ones. I would suggest you definitely try out each of the stylus nib types to find the one that feels the best to you. There is definitely a difference between them and you may find one that works better than the others.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast