Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Intuos is the way to go

btw RP, I recently got a laptop that I upgraded to Vista Premium and you are right .... a tablet opens up a whole new world that ROCKS~!

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Intuos is the way to go

btw RP, I recently got a laptop that I upgraded to Vista Premium and you are right .... a tablet opens up a whole new world that ROCKS~!
    Good to hear! Have you tried the ink game yet? It is a great way to get comfortable with the stylus, but I have to warn you that it can be addicting.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Good to hear! Have you tried the ink game yet? It is a great way to get comfortable with the stylus, but I have to warn you that it can be addicting.
    VERY addictive, even with a mouse(trackball really)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Intuos on sale.

Best Buy has reduced prices on Intuos tablets.

I picked one up this afternoon - the 6x11 model. $250 including tax. Down from a list price of $370. Score!

So, Wacom released their new Intous today... It is absolutely beautiful... *sniff* Is it wrong for me to want one?

http://intuos.wacom.com/
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

No. No, that's not wrong at all. I think I'm falling in lust.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post I ordered one....

...but not that one...lol.

I did order the cheapest there is. The Bamboo. Just the Bamboo. Not the one, not the fun. And the smallest one. (A6)

If I find that I will use it as much as I think, then I will invest in the Intuos A4 model. I know the one I ordered is very small, but I beleive I will use it mainly for small graphics to use as stamps or textures. Basically I just wanted to test how well the pressure sensitive option applies to my needs. A few more days...can't wait.

I've been lurking quite a lot recently since I don't have time to map right now, and I'm starting to get really tempted to buy a tablet. The problem is that I don't have much money to spend and that they are pretty expensive.

Within my price range, I found two tablets that looked good.
    Wacom Bamboo One
    Genius G-Pen F610

The Wacom is cheaper and from a reputated brand, but the Genius is almost twice the size. What do you advise I get? If you have other suggestions, my budget is about 70€ maximum (around 70$ the way things are taxed here).
    I use Vista 64 bit and XP, on a 22" screen. I want it for Photoshop and drawing (my sister draws a lot so she might want to borrow it).

To be honest, size is not so important for mapping I have found. I have the medium Bamboo and just got the small one for my wife and playing around with it, it's not that much difference even though it's half as large active area.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I have an A6 and would actively avoid going any larger. I can get extremely fine control with it as is and I can take it anywhere. If I were to spend the extra money I'd go up in quality (number of pressure levels, extra features and so on) rather than up in size. I had an A4 Nisis, and it was a nightmare. I'm more than happy with my A6 Wacom graphire.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast