Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

Has anyone got any opinion on the Wacom 24" HD Touch?

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

My opinion is that I'd love to own one

I just picked up an Intuos5 medium, handing my Intuos4 medium to my wife. I only just got it installed last night. Don't notice a lot of difference except for the touch...which is nice because I'd rather use my fingers for mousing around than the pen or switching back to my mouse (and I hate the Intuos4 mouse for some reason).

Anybody using the wireless adapter? Thoughts on it? I use my tablet at my desk so the cord's not that much of a bother except for getting in my way sometimes.

Also, has anybody tried it with Windows 8? Do the gestures work with it?
    M

I have an Intous 5 I'm still learning. I do use the gestures to zoom and rotate the image but haven't spent a lot of time with setting anything else up. I think I have the large one, it's pretty big. The only thing that bugs me about that is when navigating the desktop I have to really move my pen to the corners to click things I have sitting there. I could change it to mouse mode and it would be more like my mouse but I find that a bit odd when drawing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Jax, if your desktop is not overly full, you might consider moving your most frequently accessed icons closer to your resting point so that they're easier to reach.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

That's not a bad idea and I did think about it but I don't really care for icons in the center so I'll just have to suffer, hehe.

Of course, even within Photoshop it's a bit of a reach to get over to the "file" menu as you might imagine. Still, it's not like its that big of an issue. When I'm drawing I love it but I don't think I would go any bigger than what I have unless I was going for the Cintiq. I'm still thinking about that but for now I'm quite happy.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

That's not a bad idea and I did think about it but I don't really care for icons in the center so I'll just have to suffer, hehe.

Of course, even within Photoshop it's a bit of a reach to get over to the "file" menu as you might imagine. Still, it's not like its that big of an issue. When I'm drawing I love it but I don't think I would go any bigger than what I have unless I was going for the Cintiq. I'm still thinking about that but for now I'm quite happy.

Oh, and mine is the Intous 5 touch (large).

Guild Member Facebook Connected SandmanNet's Avatar

Default Mouse vs. tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I have an Intous 5 I'm still learning. I do use the gestures to zoom and rotate the image but haven't spent a lot of time with setting anything else up. I think I have the large one, it's pretty big. The only thing that bugs me about that is when navigating the desktop I have to really move my pen to the corners to click things I have sitting there. I could change it to mouse mode and it would be more like my mouse but I find that a bit odd when drawing.
    You can have per-application settings. So add a setting for the finder and make it mouse mode there only.

With the latest Wacoms coming at $100, there's no reason NOT to buy one. It takes a bit of getting used to and you cant play WoW with it but it's indispensable if you need to draw a curved line.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Never used mine to play a game...maybe I should try. I have gotten sort of good at using it with certain 3D software (I use Silo). It's a bit odd at first but you get used to it.
    M

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast