Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

I started to try my own map drawing and came to the conclusion, I have to have a tablet. And in the last posts I found the Huion 1060Plus tablet and I'm pretty sure I'll get that one and start to bring something visual to my fantasy world

I'm sure you will have a lot more fun with a tablet than drawing with your mouse!

I used a small Wacom Graphire 3 for 14 years, but the last years it was driving me crazy, as there are no new drivers for my Macbook and I used a workaround that didn't work that well. Since January I own an XP-Pen Artist 16 and I love it! If I had the money I would have bought a Wacom Cintiq, but the XP-Pen Artist was expensive enough (altough a lot cheaper than a Wacom). But it was worth its money and I also use it as a second monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Phillips View Post
    I started to try my own map drawing and came to the conclusion, I have to have a tablet. And in the last posts I found the Huion 1060Plus tablet and I'm pretty sure I'll get that one and start to bring something visual to my fantasy world
    You won't regret it. I really can't say how much the difference in use between the Huion and Wacom is, but for me, the Huion is great value. If I ever start making real money from my maps (which I hope to one day) I might upgrade but that day is very far off.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

I don't know about Hiuion but I had an Aiptek, which is a rebrand of a number of the Taiwan brands and the Wacom technology is so much better, as are their updates. I had a Wacom Graphire in the 90s, an Aiptek in the 2000s, I the upgraded to a Wacom Bamboo in 2009 and now I have a Wacom Intous 4. The Wacom's technology is so so much better than anyone else. My first Graphire. was as small but my other were medium. I would recommend the medium. I would also recommend used on eBay, where I got my Intous 4 for just over $100n with shipping. I think using a tablet is much better than a mouse but you need to get used to it, it is a bit different than drawing on paper. Give it time and you'll definitely appreciate the difference..

Not related...
    I saw the thread title and thought...
    Mouse [guild member] versus Tablet... like it was a showdown
    ok. Nothing to see here. Move along.....

Oh but wouldn't that be a grand battle? We could sell tickets and popcorn, maybe make a little bank?
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Not related...
    I saw the thread title and thought...
    Mouse [guild member] versus Tablet... like it was a showdown
    ok. Nothing to see here. Move along.....
    Hardware-wise, I'd say tablet, no hesitation. But talking real life, I'd take Sue over a tablet anytime !

*Mouse, one front paw on hip, examines claws of other front paw in casual fashion*

Well I'm still waiting for this here 'Tablet' to make an appearance!

By Mouse
    *Mouse, one front paw on hip, examines claws of other front paw in casual fashion*
    Well I'm still waiting for this here 'Tablet' to make an appearance
    Did you checked there was no member named "Tablet" ?

*Mouse drags her head out of a wormhole into the membership archive cave and shakes the dust off*

Ahem...

Nope - there's no 'Tablet' in here, so I'm not sure who put this fight up on the board, but he or she needs to check their records a bit more thoroughly

Honestly! I got myself all done up for it as well!

*Mouse wanders off down the corridor grumbling about dry cleaning and trying to discretely brush the dirt off her electric blue costume*
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-18-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast