Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

I was considering getting a new graphics tablet since my old Wacom Bamboo tablet broke a few years ago and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with any of the Huion Inspiroy tablets? I usually default to Wacom since I'm more familiar with the brand, but these seem to have a better price.

I just hesitate to switch brands without an opinion from someone who knows more about them.

maybe you can search for information on google say!

I have a Huion 1060Plus and love it. I have never used a Wacom so I have have no idea how it compares.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Eri's Avatar

I use an xp-pen 15.6 and adore it - great sensitivity and seemed cheaper than other models. Not sure the comparison though since its my first

Guild Novice

I find myself using both together. I have a Wacom Bamboo. It's small and sometimes a bit rough drawing long lines in one stroke, but I've got used to it. I'm relearning how to use my Bamboo and finding that the more I find out about how to better use my photoshop the more I love my tablet. That being said, I have used a mouse more and I'm for sure more comfortable with it. I feel that it all depends on preference, and there is no right or wrong when it comes to art.

So I guess my tip would be if you get a tablet, I'd watch tutorials on how to color, draw and all that before jumping in. I have fellow artists that were frustrated at first until they got the hang of using one.

I pretty much only bought my 6th gen iPad because I had seen a few tutorials on using Procreate, and it looked great. With the Pencil as well, it's all I was looking for. I mean, I haven't tried anything else, of course, but for me the power-trio of the app, tablet and stylus is all I needed to start flying. I like in particular being able to use the "Pencil brush" for a quick sketch, and then trace over more finely with a pen. It's really great now too with split-screen view for references (or just importing references into procreate directly).

Not related -
    I saw the title of this thread and thought Guild member "Mouse" vs Tablet

Think we are still waiting on this "Tablet" person to show up for the challenge that has been issued.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Whenever they show up, my money is on Mousie!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Tablet!

Oh Taaaaaaa-bleeeeeeeet!

Where aaaaaaaaaare yoooooou?

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast