Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

YES!!!... my Wacom came in just now... (UPS took ALL freakin day!!) but it looks AWESOME!! ... sorry ... just so excited I had to say something to someone somewhere... I think I may be in love.... lol... I'll let you all know how its working in a few

It is even better than I thought... works like a dream, I highly recommend a Wacom tablet if you are in the market for one... This Intous3 9x12 is the best thing since baked bread. The tablet buttons on the side ... indispensable. both the pen and the mouse are wireless, battery-less and the mouse is ball-free and optic free... you couldn't ask for a better product than this (Well, you could ask, but you are definitely going to spend some $$$)

Mouse people... Go buy a tablet now... NOW!... quit reading ... go buy it... we'll wait here for you

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Better yet, go buy the Cintiq...thank me later
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

and if anyone wants to buy me a Cintiq... I'll draw you maps for free -- ForEVER ... a lifetime cartographer at your disposal NOW that's a deal!!

Hmmm... I'm actually almost tempted to take you up on that. My games could be awesome with two cartographers churning out the maps, even if one of them is me.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

lol...I'd probably faint if someone actually took me up on that offer...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*hands Delgo a paper towel* Here, wipe up the drool

Glad to hear you finally got your tablet, maybe some day (if I'm a really good boy), I'll buy myself one.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I have to agree with Del. Even a small tablet is better than no tablet. I love my tablet so much that I've begun taking it to work with me. I read an article just yesterday that convinced me that I was doing an exceptionally good thing. It appears that recent research is showing that even ergonomic mice and trackballs are causing long term damage and there is a growing push to move to pen based input devices. This made the Tablet PC makers very happy. I've found that my productivity has gone up a bit since using it at work and the text recognition within M$ Word means that I'm able to scribble down notes and documents and have it all converted to text for me. Now I just worry about writer's cramp. LOL
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Word has text recognition? .... I gotta check that out .... I got msoffice 07... weeeeee

See... ergonomically correct to have a tablet... you all now have an excuse to buy one... it's almost like a doctor's order...

Yup. It had text recognition starting in Office XP I believe. Works pretty good too. I had both my kids scribble some stuff as well as myself and it recognized everyone's writings with only 1 error for all three sentences.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast