Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh I see Wacom have been renaming their range again. =P

The one they call the intuos now seems to be the equivalent of my bamboo which is an entry level wacom tablet but it's still really good. The intuos pro seems to be what the intuos 5 used to be called. They are bigger and also very good. I have a previous iteration of their "pro" tablet (an intuos 4).

Either one is a good tablet and learning to use either of them will be pretty much identical. With the pro you will get a larger surface area to draw on and some programmable buttons you can set keyboard shortcuts to. They also have touch support although neither of my tablets have that so I couldn't tell you how useful it is. Honestly though even with the programmable buttons I still use keyboard shortcuts with my left hand (mainly undo/select all/deselect) while I draw with my right.

Drawing with a tablet will feel pretty mostly the same as drawing with a pen but you should be prepared for a few weeks of your brain getting used to the thing you are drawing appearing on a screen instead of on the surface. It is a bit disorientating at first but that is about how long it took me to get over it.

*oopsedit* The difference between small and medium is the size of the tablet drawing area. Yes, a larger one allows you to be more precise (without having to zoom in on the image). I've found the medium to be pretty optimal for me.
    Last edited by Larb; 08-14-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.