Thread: Land / Sea Fill Textures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by pedrov View Post
    This is a seamless 400x400 "forest" texture I originally posted at dundjinni.com. Very large scale feel, grasslands and bushes or trees. Created in Genetica. I probably still have the .gtx if someone needs a larger (or smaller) version, or some variations.
    This texture is really cool. In fact, this entire thread has some pretty amazing textures. What a great idea.

As a CC3 user, one thing that would make the seamless textures usable in that program would be to get a higher res image - 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels. The way CC3 uses bitmap textures for fills and symbols is to have four versions of the same image:

very high: imagename_VH.png 1000 x 1000 pixels
    high: imagename_HI.png 400 x 400 pixels
    low: imagename_LO.png 100 x 100 pixels
    very low: imagename_VL.png 20 x 20 pixels

If you use this naming convention, the program selects the proper one so the map looks the same based on the template size for zooming, printing etc. With a 1000 x 1000, I can resize to the other sizes, usually in Fireworks.

pedrov, I've been working on creating some overland forest fills for CC3 in this thread to share here: [Edit ravells]: thread merged with this one.

If it is possible and you don't mind me doing this, I would love to get a 1000 x 1000 image of your forest tile to include with this.

And looking at the artwork in this thread, I think the next CC3 overland fill set I want to work on will be oceans/lakes. :So I'll be bugging the rest of you soon.
    Last edited by ravells; 11-04-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales