Thread: Race Wars (forum game)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Undead : +1
    Dragons : -1

Upset with the loss of his skeletal garden to the Haflings, the Lich Lord Iskartos decided that he needed a few new pets. Sadly, the only ones to be found had perched themselves atop a frozen mountain in the heart of his domain. But what more could a Lich Lord ask for than a half-dozen or so Dracoliches? Besides, they'd come in handy when he took his revenge on the upstart Haflings.

Human: 24
    Elves: 25
    Barbarians: 24
    Dwarves: 26
    Dragons: 25
    Undead: 25
    Halflings: 27
    Giants: 25
    Orks: 23
    Drow (evil elves): 26

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    We seriously need a map to go with this game....any volunteers?
    QFT...

...Though I don't think I can do it myself (haven't had a chance to work on a map in over a month)... but lots of interesting-sounding places are beginning to pop up.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Dwarves +1
    Drow -1

Delving deeper into the mountain, the miners at Ardins Hold discovered a new vein of high grade iron to make their weaponry and war machines from. Little did they know that a large drow town was located behind one of the walls. The drow fought fiercely, and while the dwarves lost many lives, one courageous dwarf, Malivus Rockmaw, sacrificed himself to cause a massive cave-in, whiping the town from the underground map. A decent amount of the vein survived because of him.

Human: 23
    Elves: 24
    Barbarians: 23
    Dwarves: 29
    Dragons: 27
    Undead: 26
    Halflings: 26
    Giants: 25
    Orks: 20
    Drow (evil elves): 27

Dwarves: -1
    Giants: +1

Equipped with their new iron gear, those Dwarves were feeling very confident. Predictably, they decided that it was time to test the new weapons on appropiate targets - and what could be more appropiate test subjects than their ancestral nemesis, the Giants?

Led by prince Magnus the Bold, a large host of the stout folk marched forth from Ardins Hold, to make war on the Giants of the Silent Mountains. Little did they know that the attention of the demigod, Ymir the Frost Giant, had been drawn to their doings by the very quake triggered by Malivus Rockmaw. Amusedly the deific champion of Giants had watched as the Dwarves mustered their warband. Now he awaited their arrival in the Weeping Pass, together with a hand-picked force of berserkers.

The rest of the Giants had gathered into an encampment on the end of the pass, and the Dwarves headed toward it hurriedly, so eager to test their blades on Giant flesh. But as they were crossing the narrow pass, a terrible rockslide was unleashed upon them from the cliffs, and Ymir and his berserkers sprung from hidden tunnels, attacking the Dwarves from behind. Upon hearing the noise of the falling rocks, the Giants' army broke camp and rushed to join the battle. Magnus' warband was surrounded and killed to the last Dwarf, except for one poor fellow who was left alive and released, so that he might tell this grim tale to his people.

Human: 23
    Elves: 24
    Barbarians: 23
    Dwarves: 28
    Dragons: 27
    Undead: 26
    Halflings: 26
    Giants: 26
    Orks: 20
    Drow (evil elves): 27

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

As you all no doubt know, based on my sig, I am a nerd.

Accordingly, I created a spreadsheet to track the names and locations of the various lands mentioned, and the status of various characters and groups.

I've attached a word port of the data.

It doesn't really display well directly in the browser window...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...