Thread: Brian "Ech" Chapman, a new Cartographer

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Brian "Ech" Chapman, a new Cartographer

New Cartographers is not a hipster band name as it turns out. However, I am in fact new to the cartography scene, businesss and general design. I wanted to put together a map for a D&D setting I was coming up with for me and a friend and it started really simple, just a reference chart. But as someone who has been a graphic designer for over a decade, I just kept thinking to myself: "I can make this look better..." and then one weekend I spent 20 hours meticulously redoing everything I had to that point, starting from scratch and I owe this site a lot of credit. I looked at a lot of the amazing work that was done here to see how the masters do things.

I finished the map of Prynh and was very happy with how it turned out. This was a while ago, I wanted to join but was a bit intimidated. But here I am months later. I have since finished my first cartography commission that I got by putting my map up on Deviant Art. I look forward to seeing everyone's work and to putting my own up for critique.

Hello, I'm Brian, I have a beard, I make things, I have a youtube channel.

Greeting and welcome. Congrats on the commission. I look forward to seeing your work. I am new here myself and have received a lot of great advice.

Welcome Brian!

Sounds like you are off to a great start and I can't wait to see your maps.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome! Post up the map, your intro made me burn with curiosity