Thread: Single Continent, Professional/Semi-Professional Quality, in Color

Post Single Continent, Professional/Semi-Professional Quality, in Color

First post, so please be gentle: I’m looking for a cartographer to map a continent that’s been in my head for about a decade that I’d like to finally get on paper. Problem is, not only can’t I sketch worth anything, but because of it the area has become sort of nebulous over time. So what I’m looking for is someone that can take a set of written descriptions with some required features and creatively fill in the blanks at their discretion. I’m looking for a one-continent map, approximately the size of North America, that’s movie-poster sized and can therefore have smaller sections blown up eventually. It'll be divided into 6 territories with varying terrain. I’ve got a couple links to maps here that I’ve liked, but style is negotiable. I just want something that I can use for a long-term game where long periods might be spent in a single area of that map. The description I have is lengthy, so there would be plenty of guidelines to go on, but I don’t want a wall of text on the page here so I’d prefer to email it to interested parties.

I know this isn’t a small job, and I’m willing to pay $500 USD for it, perhaps a bit more if it turns out well. Any takers?

Please reply here or email at themarut--@--gmail--dot--com

Here's one example of the sort of work I'm looking for:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...1&d=1378874254
    Last edited by Marut; 04-14-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Hey Marut - welcome to the Guild.
    Hopefully you will connect with a map maker that can help you achieve your vision.
    Cheers,
    J

You've got mail!

-Dan

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Maybe you can ask Viking directly, as you posted his map as sample. He is a great artist and dear friend and I completely belief he can make you a fantastic map.

Hi Marut,
    I am interested in working with you on this and I will send you an e-mail shortly!
    Cheers,
    Viking
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Just to be sure, when you're talking about movie poster size, you mean 27" x 40", right? At 300 dpi this would be an image of about 8100 x 12,000 pixels. That's quite huge indeed!
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

WOW... I did not expect so many responses so quickly. Thank you all so much! I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple of choices, but I think there's a couple that have posted here that I haven't seen yet. No matter which direction I go, I really appreciate all the interest and I'm sure I'm going to need more in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Caenwyr View Post
    Just to be sure, when you're talking about movie poster size, you mean 27" x 40", right? At 300 dpi this would be an image of about 8100 x 12,000 pixels. That's quite huge indeed!
    It's for a tabletop game, and I'll need to be able to crop say one section of it out and blow it up to use at a time to keep players in the dark about the rest of the continent while still having a map for them to use. So, yeah... big map

Taken! Thank you so much to all that expressed interest, and please if you hadn't already gotten ahold of me, by all means still reach out. I have a number of things I will need doing in the not too distant future, and I'd love to work with more of you! This is an amazing community to have responded the way you have. Thank you!

Excellent. I'm glad this worked out well and quickly.
    And it's nice to see Viking pop in here.
    I'll change this to taken.