Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ethran

Hey Mouse - your piece is doing exceptionally well on FB
    Just thought you'd like to know. People clearly love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    This book of which you speak... can I get a guarantee you'll post notice of its publication, when you get a round tuit? Because the setting alone (and the drop-dead gorgeous rendition thereof) is enough to draw my interest.

The little bar beneath your name - that's cheese, Mouse, green cheese. The better to get you to stick around and with which to nourish your cartography.
    Thank you, jbgibson.

I'll let you know when.... if such blatant self promotion is allowable here!

It will only be available as an e-book, however. I totally disagree with having a small forest cut down to further my own personal and selfish interests in life.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a HUGE disappointment for everyone, after the unexpected reaction to my very first map! This means, of course, that I'm going to have to get my skates on now and finish it, or everyone will get bored with waiting! LOL. Unfortunately that is also when you will get to find out the boring nature of my true name! Pity, really. I'm enjoying the sensation of being "Mouse" for a change.
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-11-2016 at 05:57 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Hey Mouse - your piece is doing exceptionally well on FB
    Just thought you'd like to know. People clearly love it.
    I think, then, that I really ought to get myself a page! That's the trouble with being a bit shy - I'm one of the five or six people in the world who don't already have one - in case anyone has been searching for Ethran and failing to find it. I will have a look at the CG page on my friend's account a bit later, and consider my options. If I start a page, I don't want it to distract me from writing... or from drawing more maps! LOL

Thanks for letting me know

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Incredible work on an stunning setting, very well done!
    Overall a great start and promising future content -
    keep up the good work, hope you stick around! =)

Best wishes / Stay creative, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Thank you SteffenBrand That means a lot coming from a professional artist like yourself.

Wow, it took me quite a while to get the whole point about the eye... Now it looks even more awesome! Prepare for some well deserved cheese rep being thrown at you.
    Btw. a belated welcome to the Guild!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Thank you, Abu Lafia :-)

I feel very humble that my map has been noticed by so many notable persons, like you.

Very interesting background, and an excellent map! The composition is very well thought and the play with colors gorgeous.

PS : I think we're a bit more to not have FB account .

Hey! A fellow spirit. LOL!

Thank you for the comment, and the rep

The background texture is one of the standard Herwin Wielink textures. Probably a mixture of "Sea" and "Ocean", with a few effects added to the sheet (mainly HSL and "Edge Fade Inner"). the only thing on there that isn't HW is the ice. I created that by way of a very long and complicated session spent messing around with a block of fractured glass and some fancy lighting in Vue Pioneer (the free version). It..er doesn't even tile... but shshsh don't tell anyone else whatever you do!

GENEARL NOTICE:

I am sorry about this, but it has been called to my attention that other pieces of my finished work (notably the Observatory ground floor) have started to appear on other NON-charitable websites without my knowledge, or approval, so in the future I will only be uploading small sections of any one map at a time as I progress. Each section will be rendered at unrelated resolutions and may (or may not) vary fractionally in HSL from the master original. This is to make stitching all the finished pieces together to make a saleable item a case of too much hard work for an inferior result.

Each example section will be clearly watermarked.

I apologise for any disappointment this may cause to my friends and supporters, and hope that you will all understand that since my work on Ethran is intended to be FREE to view once the book is published, I take an extremely dim view of anyone trying to make any money out of my gift to the world, for themselves - or who are using it to falsely promote their own professional map sales.

Current exceptions for this map as a single item not for resale: CG FB page.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast