Thread: Map of the Eastern Kingdoms

Post Map of the Eastern Kingdoms

This is a map for my D&D Campaign, set in 'the east'. Cultural influences (toponymy) include Scandinavian, African, Middle-Eastern, and Asian (Chinese and Mongolian).

Eastern-Kingdoms-eng-col.jpg

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

I like this map! Very readable. The land features look interesting and the isometric icons are crisp and cool.
    Here's some constructive criticism I hope you'll find useful:
    The coloring could use some work. The desert and snow areas are distinguished enough, but most of the map is that one green color, which I also don't particularly dig. Too pastel, IMO. Try adding some shading and mix up the hues a bit.
    If I were you, I'd make the trees smaller and more abundant. Like I said, they look fine, but they are also almost the same size as the mountains, which I find a little funny. Also maybe some color variations on the trees?
    Finally, I think you should make some cool icons for the towns and cities. That would help indicate which ones belong to the various cultures you are speaking of.

Anyway, hope that helps!

A nice map overall. I agree that a bit more color variation would improve it though. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to fix up the colours, and I might even draw the big cities in the styles you suggested. However, the colours were more of an afterthought anyway - I will print the map in B&W and 'age' it with some tea or coffee before presenting it to the players.

Very nice map, though I tend to agree with Daelin's comments above. Some other things to consider are adding a border and a compass to give it a 'finished' look. I'd also do a little work on the rings around the coast and in the lakes, as they're very 'digital' and a little pixellated at the moment.

I hope you'll share the 'aged' version with us too, as I'd love to see that!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"