Hi everyone,
    This was my entry for the january challenge, thanks to those who reped it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	esquise_spatiale_7_carte.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	92298

And what an entry !

I'm not that into space maps, to be honest, but me oh my that's a beauty! Beautiful use of color.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

A gorgeous map, Francissimo! The colors and layout are particularly impressive and well thought.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

I concur with the above comments. Great map, and simply lovely use of color! If actual space looked like this, I might just be persuaded to overcome my deep-seated fear of flying, and moving at high speeds, and heights, and wide open spaces, and also dying, to go there and experience it.

However, I do think it's kind of a shame the shadows on the planets are so pronounced. The planets look really good, so I just want to see more of them, and I feel the night side obscures too much, even if it is scientifically accurate. Also, just a minor thing, but the change in hue of the starfield in the planet info boxes at the bottom looks a little weird, like, with all the stars turning green and whatnot. I get that it's the HUD "glass" effect doing that, but it doesn't affect the planets themselves, so I don't think it should change the background either.

Very unique map, to say the least. Keep it up!

Thanks for those kind comments guys! I'm completly into space art with photoshop lately, and the idea to mix that kind of stuff with maps soon came in my mind and here's the result
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelin View Post
    However, I do think it's kind of a shame the shadows on the planets are so pronounced. The planets look really good, so I just want to see more of them, and I feel the night side obscures too much, even if it is scientifically accurate. Also, just a minor thing, but the change in hue of the starfield in the planet info boxes at the bottom looks a little weird, like, with all the stars turning green and whatnot. I get that it's the HUD "glass" effect doing that, but it doesn't affect the planets themselves, so I don't think it should change the background either.
    Interesting feedback about planet shadows and the hud, thx Daelin. About planet shadows that's the main effect that gives depth to those planets textures, but after reading your comment i watch my planet shadows again and damn they're really dark! I'll try to reduce a bit those shadows or add some night lights to depict a techno civilization on my next space map (already working on it).
    About the hud glasses, i voluntarily put the planets above the glass effect to let the colors of those more natural. My mistake was to add a blue color to glasses, as you pointed it didn't mixed really well with yellow stars. Really interesting feedback, i will for sure remember those in my next space map