Thread: Entering: Another Cartographer!

Info Entering: Another Cartographer!

Hey

One amongst many here: Another cartographer! I kind of started this because I was annoyed by my maps for my own world (I'm an author as well) looking crappy. But by now I'm doing commissions and really enjoying it and I just want to learn as much as I can and probably do some commissions as well. I am currently working all traditionally. Mostly ink, but I can color with watercolor pens as well. So this is my stuff (at least the smaller ones, the bigger ones are too big for this forum obviously and it's late here, so I don't feel like doing anything complicated ^^'

25497391_10208040425207830_294457467_n.png
    0002.jpg
    0009.jpg
    0003.jpg

So anyway: About me. I'm 23, student (but bored of it and just want to be creative - which is something my mom never likes to hear), loves fantastic worlds, loves to get creative. Yep, that's me. I'm unfortunately not very good at drawing people but I think I'm getting a hang of how to draw places. Want to delve deeper into it though. I want to be a master at it, so hopefully one day this will be my "day job" - the other part of me will always be a writer, but my writing self is not very reliable, so trying to make her pay the bills is like... hoping my neighbors might come over to just clean my toilet. Because they like to do it. Of course they could but it's not very likely now, is it? And I just need something where I can be creative. Anything else gets me demotivated and annoyed very quickly. I've tried.
    Sooo... anyway: Looking forward to getting to know you. And to get some sleep. Really it is late. But I wanted to say hello now anyway.

Love
    Zora

Guild Journeyer

That's a really cool looking style on the black and white ones!

And welcome to the forum...

Guild Novice

That's some great work! I definitely like the style you've got for your black and white maps.
    I may be new-ish here, but regardless, welcome to the forum!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hi Zora, and welcome. That's a couple of very nice maps you've got there! Have some rep for sharing them in your first post. I love the big, bold lettering on the Imaginarium one. It really grabs your attention.

You should post your work in Finished Maps (well, assuming you're completely finished). Not everyone checks this area of the forum, and more people will see it in Finished Maps.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I will! share them there! Thank you for the warm and fuzzy welcome And liking my work.
    I guess the colored one is kinda more standard, right?... also since the Client specifically wanted no Lettering xD I might try to combine both styles sooner or later... Though the "fish eggs" as I like to call the bubbles the wood consists of are pretty annoying to draw...they take like for ever and are so booooring to draw!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Say, that top one kinda looks like the Land of Ooo from Adventure Time:
    download.jpg

Huh... yeah now that you pointed it out... though I did not even know that game to be honest (I am not much of a gamer - the way I came to maps was more the other way: Writing, books... that kinda stuff). Also: I didn't develop much of that. I just... took the maps I was given and put my style on it. (and took any kind of name out of it, because that was what my commissioner wanted. :O But I might tell him. Thanks!