Thread: WIP looking for critique/comments/suggestions on my map

Help WIP looking for critique/comments/suggestions on my map

First post here, so I should say hello; hello! Looks like there is a great community here!

Here is my map in progress. Still working on the geography and climate, since they are so interlinked. Red lines and numbers are latitude.

I'm kind of worried that the desert is too far north, its supposed to be sandy type desert in the interior (think Sahara). The mountains are there to make a rain shadow but it should be cooler I suspect. Plus the eastern end of it probably curls too far north, what do you guys think?

At this scale I want to only show the major rivers but do I need to put in some more? Seems to be very few.

Still thinking up a way to do the transition between the wetter western temperate area and the eastern steppe look a bit better.

Any comments or edits or additions are very welcome. Somebody pointed out to me on another forum that the east (lighter green) would be steppe which was great as that change added a load of variety to things and sent me off in a different direction with the culture that will inhabit that area.

South06.png

If just showing the major rivers, I think it looks fine. Also, I love your mountains and hills!

~whisper